The Church of the Pioneers Foundation (COPF) is a qualified 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(3) tax-exempt corporation formed in 1975.
Directors and officers of the Foundation shall hold, or have held, important office in one or more of the supported organizations of the Foundation. They contribute their services for seven year terms for the purposes of:
- Knowing and responding to the goals of supported Christ-centered ministries and missions;
Accepting gifts in various forms and designations;
- Effectively managing investments;
- Acting as trustees to ongoing trusts created by donors and distributing these trusts;
- Acquiring, improving, and managing properties for the benefit of supported Christ-centered ministries and missions, maintaining support funds for long-term purposes;
- Maintaining support funds for the benefit of supported organizations;
- Maintaining support funds for graduate preaching fellowships for qualified seminary students;
- Providing information and assistance to potential donors.
The board of COPF is not responsible for operations or decisions about long term strategy of supported organizations. Instead, COPF provides resources to implement these strategies