COPF seeks to encourage Christians to become generous givers – both to their churches, and other organizations that follow Christ’s call to share God’s love with the world.
We invite you to explore the following resources, and would like to hear your thoughts and stories about giving at email@example.com.
- I Cor. 9:7-8
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
- Luke 12:33-34
Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Matthew 25:37-40
Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Menlo Park Presbyterian Church Sermons
- How to Wreck Your Life: Make it All About Money, John Ortberg
- Financial Freedom, John Ortberg
- Secret Generosity, Nancy Ortberg
- It All Goes Back in the Box, John Ortberg
Other Recommended Resources
- When the Game is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box, by John Ortberg
- The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
- There’s a Hole in Our Gospel, by Rich Stearns, President of World Vision